Bookmark and Share

Select a region for more information on how to contact your local authority

To help keep children safe and support families all parents and private foster carers must notify the local council. By not notifying, families are missing out on essential welfare checks for the children, as well as other useful support services.

They will be able to advise you of what will happen next, provide you with further information and answer any queries about the notification process.

England and Wales map

North WestSouth WestEast MidlandsSouth EastWalesYorkshire and HumbersideWest MidlandsGreater LondonEast AngliaNorth East